Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Maggie's Unhappy Surprise.

About 2 months ago I discovered a small lump on maggie's belly/groin area. I was not sure if it was an abcess or tumor and because it was so small I left it be. I am now positive it is a tumor and thankfully has been growing very slowly. It is now the size roughly of a toonie but sits inside her so you have to pull it out to actually see its there. Thankfully I can wrap my fingers completely around it so I believe it is only attached to the fatty tissue. This one I don't believe is bothering her much if at all. Now to another surprise about 4 days ago I found another tumor on her left arm/shoulder about the size of a very large fat almond. Ugh, great. This one now I think may be bothering her, as I know she knows its there. This one I cannot wrap my fingers around, it feels attached. I assume its attached to her muscle or tangled around the bone. From what I have asked and read, these seem to be average benign mammary tumors which is as good news as you're gonna get with tumors. So now my next step is having them removed and possibly having Maggie spayed now that I know she's starting to get them. This is a scary situation for me as I have never had a rat go through surgery. I'm planning on taking her to Ottawa sometime next month and am still researching animal Hospitals that do tumor removals and spays.



No comments:

Post a Comment